Monday, November 10, 2008

Hijab And Hat: Love It or Shove It?

This 'love it or shove it' post is about wearing a hijab and hat together..hmm I'm personally not sure about the whole look and doubt I'd ever try to pull it off but here are some photos of girls who have attempted it, whether they have pulled it off or not is another story altogether..

Starting off..the styles don'ts, my major one is this: don't use a hat as an alternative to hijab not because I think it's not hijab but because it just don't look nice girlies! If you wana wear a hat wear a woolly hat and scarf in the winter, it looks cute :) But this, well, you make up your mind..I don't wana be mean because she's smiling so sweetly at me.

For a reason that I cannot explain to myself let alone you, I hate this:

This is the best so far but I think that's just because of the angle of the pic really..

I'm sure there is a fair few of you who disagree with me which is fair enough..This would have been nice if she had covered most of the hijab with a woolly scarf:

I saved the best until last, check these out!! I loooove them :D :D

I still don't know if it would look nice on a 'normal' person but hey it looks great on the model. And who better to pull of the headscarf and hat look than the Moss herself?

Don't you just love it? That was the cover for a Vogue mag in 1996 if your wondering. I think standards of the magazine have declined since then..but what do I know, I was only six when that came out :O
OMG, this Iranian actress Elnaz Shakerdoust is sooo glam I love her hijab and hat..

So generally, I still don't like the idea even though I like seeing them on people so if it looks good on them that's great and if it looks bad, well.. its not my fault they were taking these dangerous fashion risks :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment