Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hijab and Poncho: Love it or Shove it?

Before I start I have to say I completely and utterly hate the idea of hijab and poncho and I shove it right here but I am going to do a post on it because I want your opinions and also because I have seen a fair few hijabis adopt the poncho as their very best friend :S

Surprisingly, I did not find many photos of hijabis with ponchos but here are a couple to show you:

These two don't look too bad actually but I think the long ones look far better with trousers as wearing a long poncho with a skirt/jilbab is a material overload. Obviously with a sheer poncho you would have to wear modest clothes underneath but they could come in useful on those hot summer days.
Anyway, I'm still sceptical but I can see how a poncho could be nice with a headscarf..here are some ponchos I like:
This is cute and I like that you can button it at the top:

And the only kind of poncho I would ever even consider wearing myself..

So do you love it or did you, like me, shove it to the back of your wardrobe when it went out of fashion?

0 comments:

Post a Comment